Tandoori Fried Rice – A quick and easy healthy meal for the whole family that is better than take out. Soy free and gluten free this restaurant style fried rice recipe is simple full of flavor and made in under an hour! This Stir fry rice also makes the best leftovers and can easily be made ahead.
- 2 cups dried Organic Basmati Rice
- 4 precooked sausage links, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups frozen petite peas
- 1 whole carrot peeled into short strips using a veggie peeler
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 Tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons ground tandoori spice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Finish with salt, to taste (this is my favorite clean mineral rich salt)
- Garnish with chopped green onions
- Add two cups dried Basmati rice to a medium sized pot, add 4 cups of water. Place lid on the pot and bring to a boil. Once a boil is reached reduce to medium low and cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, begin browning sausage in a large skillet over med-high head. Once browned transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Scramble the 6 eggs and season with salt and/or pepper as desired. Transfer to a plate once cooked and set aside.
- Place peas in a large bowl and cover with hot water to thaw. (You may drain them and add them straight to the fried rice or sauté them first before adding them.) If you plan to sauté do that now once thawed and set aside.
- Once rice is cooked transfer it in batches to a large oiled skillet over med-high heat. Add in the coconut aminos and fish sauce and stir into the rice. Stir the rice often to prevent sticking.
- Add in the remaining spices of garlic powder, ground pepper and ground tandoori.
- Now add the sausage, scrambled eggs and peas to the fried rice and stir through until evenly dispersed.
- Reduce the heat of the rice to med-low. In the center of your fried rice make a “well” that you can peel the carrot strips into. Peel the washed carrot with a veggie peeler by peeling down a third of the carrot at a time. Once the carrot is peeled cover with the hot fried rice and let the carrots cook this way for 3-5 minutes. Then stir them through. Continue cooking if you like a softer carrot otherwise you are ready to plate!
- Garnish with chopped green onions and enjoy!
Keywords: Tandoori Fried Rice, Fried Rice