If you’re searching for the perfect Vegan, gluten free, dairy free and/or egg free Cheesecake THIS is YOUR cheesecake! It’s just about life changing and sure to convert anyone who loves a traditional dairy filled cheesecake!
- 2 cups gluten free graham crackers
- 1/2 cup palm shortening
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked for 8–12 hours
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted or solid)
- 1/2 cup nut milk or coconut milk
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup (or 1/3 cup honey if not vegan)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed if possible
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- zest of 2 lemons
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Using a 9 inch springform baking pan (lined with parchment paper if desired), set the pan aside.
- Add the graham crackers to a food processor and pulse until the crackers are finely ground without any chunks remaining.
- To the food processor add the palm shortening and pulse until combined.
- Pour our the crust mixture into the springform pan and press gently with your fingers until an even layer of crust covers the bottom of the pan.
- Bake the crust for 8 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove the crust and allow to cool while you prepare the filling.
- Drain the cashews that have been soaking and rinse will fresh water. Then pour the cashews into a high speed blender.
- Add all remaining “filling” ingredients to the blender and start by blending on low until your blender starts swirling the ingredients and gradually increase the speed until you get to high. Process on high speed for 30-60 seconds until completely smooth. The consistency should be very creamy!
- Pour the filling into the springform pan onto the prepared crust. (I find that by pouring the filling directly into the center of the pie pan and then giving a little giggle it creates an evenly filled pan. You can also use a spatula to smooth out the top or create swirl designs if desired.
- Place the cheesecake into the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight before slicing into it so it retains it’s shape.
- Serve and enjoy! (Store all leftovers in the refrigerator.)
*Optional* Top your cheesecake with berries or a jam or coulee.
Keywords: vegan cheesecake, gluten free, dairy free, no bake, no-bake,