This vegan chocolate frosting is so easy and only requires two ingredients! You can also make it paleo and frost all your favorite baked goods.
- Use the double boiler method to melt the chocolate and coconut cream by filling a small saucepan with an inch of water. Then place a heat-safe bowl over the top of the saucepan.
- Into the heat-safe bowl add the chocolate chips and coconut cream.
- Bring the water to a boil to gently stir occasionally, until the mixture is smooth.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and chill the bowl for 45 minutes in the fridge.
- Remove the bowl from the fridge and stir the frosting with a whisk until smooth. The consistency should be like a thick pudding.
- Spread the frosting over your favorite completely cooled cupcakes such as these Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes.
- Once you’ve frosted your baked goods store them in a cool place so the frosting won’t melt. You can keep your frosted baked goods covered on a cool counter for a day or up to a week in the fridge. Enjoy!
*Double the recipe if using for just the layers of a 2 layer cake. Triple the recipe for a 2 layer cake if you want to also frost the sides.
Keywords: vegan chocolate frosting, chocolate ganache recipe, chocolate frosting recipe,