Vegan Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins – Yes, these moist and blueberry filled muffins are making dreams come true! They are perfect for breakfast, brunch or dessert!
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries, washed and dried
- Source your blueberries. I’m a HUGE fan of u-picks in the summer and due to my location it’s not hard to find any number of them in the summer. Regardless of where you get your berries, you want to make sure they are fresh and not frozen.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Line a regular sized 12 muffin pan with 8 muffin liners, I like these. (More info on quantity in Step 7 below.)
- Combine gluten free oat flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl, stir and set aside.
- Make sure your wet ingredients are at room temperature or are melted before combining. You don’t want any cold ingredients or your coconut oil will clump up. Combine pure maple syrup, unsweetened coconut milk, coconut oil, lemon juice and pure vanilla extract into a mixing bowl and whisk until all is well incorporated.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the fresh blueberries. You can reserve a few if you’d like to place them right on top of the muffins.
- For full large dome-topped muffins, fill the muffin batter to the top of the liner. Place any reserved blueberries on the very top of the muffin batter. (For 12 smaller muffins, use 12 liners and equally portion out the batter into the liners.)
- Bake 8 large muffins for 25 minutes until the tops are golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. (For 12 smaller muffins bake between 20-22 minutes.)
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan over a cooling rack for 10 minutes. Then transfer the muffins to a cooling rack to cool completely (this may take 1-2 hours). Once cooled you can remove the liners and/or store in a container. Enjoy!
Keywords: vegan gluten free blueberry muffins, gluten free blueberry muffins, vegan blueberry muffins, oat flour muffins, oat flour blueberry muffins,