These Vegan Oatmeal Cookies are simply the best Oatmeal Cookie around! Ultra soft and incredibly chewy with slightly crisp edges; these cookies are made with gluten free oats and an almond butter base. They could easily be considered Healthy Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies!
- 1/2 cup unsweetened unsalted creamy almond butter
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsalted non-dairy vegan butter such as Miyoko’s Cultured Vegan Butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten free old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup super fine blanched almond flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon aluminum free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Line a cookie baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium-large mixing bowl, whisk together the almond butter, maple syrup, vegan butter and vanilla until smooth.
- To the mixing bowl add in the oats, almond flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt and use a rubber spatula to combine the dough until everything is evenly mixed.
- Chill the cookie dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before scooping into balls.
- Once the cookie dough is chilled, work in batches and use a standard sized cookie scoop to portion out the dough directly onto the parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake each batch of cookies for 9 minutes.
- Once the cookies come out of the oven allow them to rest on the cookie sheet without touching for at least 5 minutes. After the rest time, transfer the cookies with a spatula to a wire cooling rack.
- Enjoy while warm or allow to cool completely for a slightly firmer cookie. Eat and enjoy!
*These cookies are incredibly soft right out of the oven. Handle with care. If you’d like the cookie to firm up a bit to transport, I recommend making them a day ahead of time and allowing them to sit uncovered on the cooling rack overnight. If stacking the cookies separate the layers with parchment paper to avoid sticking.
Keywords: vegan oatmeal cookies, vegan oatmeal raisin cookies, vegan oatmeal cookie recipe, gluten free vegan oatmeal cookies, vegan almond butter cookies, healthy vegan oatmeal cookies, easy vegan oatmeal cookies, vegan cookie recipes,