Warm Kale Salad is a delicious way to eat your greens! It’s a simple 15 minute side dish recipe made with salty bacon and parmesan, bright oranges and a crunch from the almonds.
- 4 slices of bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 8 large kale leaves (approximately 1 bunch), leaves removed from stem and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium orange, sliced into segments
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese (use Violife “Wedge Just Like Parmesan” to make dairy free)
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the bacon over medium heat in a skillet. Once cooked, remove bacon with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Leave 2 Tablespoons of bacon fat in the skillet. If more than 2 Tablespoons of bacon fat was rendered, remove any additional and set aside for future cooking.
- Lower skillet heat to medium-low and using the 2 Tablespoons of rendered bacon fat, add 1 Tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and the chopped kale leaves, then saute for about 3 minutes until wilted.
- Remove kale to a mixing bowl and add in cooked bacon, orange segments, sliced almonds and shredded parmesan cheese. Mix until combined and taste. Finish with salt and pepper as needed.
*The amount of salt needed for this dish will greatly depend on both your personal taste and the bacon that you use.
Keywords: warm kale salad, chopped kale salad, bacon,