These awesome Baked Chorizo Veggie Breakfast Sausage Patties are the perfect easy, make-ahead breakfast solution and easy Whole30 meal prep.
- 1 pound ground pork chorizo sausage
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups kale, chopped in very small pieces
- 1 cup frozen hash browns
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Chop the kale into very small pieces and set aside.
- Dice your onion and sauté in ghee or avocado oil until cooked through and translucent.
- Transfer cooked onion to a large mixing bowl and add to the bowl, ground chorizo, chopped kale, frozen hash browns and your large egg.
- Using your hands mix all the ingredients until well incorporated. Then make small patties and space them out evenly on your parchment paper lined baking sheet. (I cook in two batches, cooking 6 patties at a time.) Bake for 10 minutes on one side and then flip and bake another 10 minutes for a total of 20 minutes.
- Finish cooking all sausage patties and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freeze some patties raw for later use.
- Once ready to eat your cooked patties, heat through and sear both sides on the stove top for a crispy exterior. Enjoy!
*I recommend these be eaten with either a poached or fried egg on top.
Keywords: breakfast chorizo sausage patties, whole30, make ahead breakfast,