Baked Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings – Amazingly flavorful and extra crispy easy oven baked wings covered in freshly squeezed lemon and cracked black pepper. These wings make the perfect appetizer, game day snack or movie night spread!
- 2 lbs chicken party wings or drumettes
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons baking powder* (see note below for Paleo & Whole30)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place a metal oven safe cooking rack on top of the baking sheet.
- Pat dry your chicken wings with a paper towel and place them in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl add the lemon zest, baking powder*, salt, garlic powder and black pepper, stir to combine.
- Sprinkle the spice mixture over the wings and toss until evenly coated.
- Arrange the wings evenly on the metal cooking rack and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and flip each one then return to the oven for another 10-30 minutes until golden and crispy. (The size of wings will change the cooking duration, cook until the wings reach 160 degree internal temperature.)
- While the wings bake mix together the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Once the wings finish cooking, transfer them to a clean large mixing bowl and pour the sauce over top. Toss the wings until fully coated and serve immediately.
*To make your own Paleo baking powder, mix together 2 Tablespoons cream of tartar, 1 Tablespoon baking soda and 1 Tablespoon tapioca starch. Then measure out 2 teaspoons to use for this recipe.
Keywords: baked lemon pepper chicken wings, paleo appetizers, whole30 chicken recipes,