Gluten Free Dairy Free but will of pure blackberry goodness!
- 1/4 cup organic palm shortening + extra for greasing the dish (I used Spectrum brand)
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 Tablespoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups frozen blackberries
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, making the topping first, cream together the honey and palm shortening. Then add in and mix all other topping ingredients. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, add maple syrup, cinnamon and arrowroot powder and whisk until heated through and no clumps remain.
- Add in frozen berries and allow them to warm for a few minutes before removing from the heat.
- In your small baking dish of choice, grease with palm shortening and pour in the berry mixture from the saucepan.
- Finally add the topping over the berries and bake for 30-35 minutes. (If subbing fresh berries for frozen cut the baking time down to 20 minutes or until topping has goldened.)
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before digging in! Enjoy!!
Keywords: Blackberry Cobbler, Frozen Blackberry Cobbler