Enjoy this amazing Blackberry Cobbler with juicy blackberries and crisp gluten free and dairy free oat topping. Blackberry cobbler is best enjoyed with vanilla ice cream and can be made with either fresh or frozen blackberries!
- 1/4 cup vegan butter (such as Miyoko’s cultured vegan butter) OR organic palm shortening + extra for greasing the dish
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, making the topping first, cream together the maple syrup and vegan butter. Then add in and mix all other topping ingredients and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, add maple syrup, cinnamon and arrowroot powder and whisk until heated through and no clumps remain.
- Add in frozen berries and allow them to warm for a few minutes before removing from the heat.
- In an 8×8 inch baking dish, grease with palm shortening and pour in the berry mixture from the saucepan.
- Finally add the topping over the berries and bake 20 minutes if using fresh blackberries and 30-35 minutes for frozen blackberries.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before digging in. Enjoy!
Keywords: vegan blackberry cobbler, gluten free blackberry cobbler, gluten free blackberry cobbler,