Chipotle Marinade For Chicken, Pork and Steak – This zesty marinade is full of chipotle chile flavor with a brightness from the orange and lime. It not only adds flavor but also tenderizes the meat. This sauce is versatile and perfect for using to marinate, poach, bake or pressure cook.
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 4 dried chipotle chile peppers
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup chicken bone broth or low-sodium chicken stock
- 10 garlic cloves
- 1 Tablespoon avocado oil
- 3 teaspoons unrefined sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- De-seed dried chipotle chile peppers and place in a small high-temperature safe bowl. Cover chile peppers with 3/4 cup boiling water and set aside to rehydrate for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients to a high-speed blender such as a Vitamix. Once rehydrated add the chile peppers and their soaking liquid to the blender and blend on high-speed for 1-2 minutes until smooth.
- Use the blended marinade immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to a week. This sauce is great for cooking chicken, pork, steak or vegetables.
Keywords: simmer sauce, chipotle marinade for chicken, chipotle marinade for steak, healthy chicken breast marinade,