These soft and grain free Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins are the perfect fall treat! No tricks about it!
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup unsweetened smooth almond butter, warmed until just running
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1.5 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, mix the eggs and raw honey together on low speed.
- Then add in the pumpkin puree, slightly warmed almond butter and vanilla extract and mix on medium low until all incorporated.
- To the pumpkin mixture add, baking soda, spices and salt and mix on low until just combined. Scrap down sides if needed.
- Once batter is combined stir in the chocolate chips with either a spoon or spatula.
- Line or grease a muffin pan and fill muffin cups to 3/4 full.
- Bake for 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from the oven and allow to sit for 2-3 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Repeat baking process until all muffins are baked and cooled.
- Eat and enjoy!
*This recipe makes 16 muffins, you can make them all at once (in two batches) or make half a batch at a time. Store batter for no longer than 2 days before baking.
Keywords: Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins, paleo, gluten free,