These soft and healthy Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins are the perfect fall treat! No tricks about it!
This post may include affiliate links, by making a purchase through a link I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Click here to read my policy.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
So I’ll be honest, pumpkin and chocolate don’t always go together for me. I know, I know, match made in heaven and all that but USUALLY I like my chocolate (oh do I love my chocolate….!) and I love my pumpkin but they don’t really intermingle too much.
But these paleo Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins have won me over! The spiced pumpkin with the sweet dark (not overly sweet) chocolate are soooo good together! I love almond butter based baked goods but you can totally sub any other unsweetened nut butter you prefer, it will change the taste profile slightly but they should bake up just the same.
What Can I Substitute In Place Of Almond Butter
You can use any nut butter you like in place of almond butter just as long as it’s smooth and unsalted. I’d recommend cashew butter as a good substitute in this recipe. (If you’re nut butter is salted just leave out the 1/4 teaspoon of added salt called for in this recipe and you’ll be good to go!)
What Makes These Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins Healthy
These Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins make a healthy protein packed treat due to the eggs and nut butter which replaces the need for oil in this recipe. The pumpkin puree adds nutrition and the honey replaces all need for sugar while adding antioxidants.
More Pumpkin Recipes:
- Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies
- Paleo Pumpkin Bars with Maple Walnut Frosting
- Paleo Pumpkin Protein Muffins
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie
- Paleo Pumpkin Chili
Did you make this recipe? I want to see it! Snap a picture and share it here on Pinterest.
Follow me on Pinterest for more easy seasonal recipe ideas!Print
These soft and grain free Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins are the perfect fall treat! No tricks about it!
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup unsweetened smooth almond butter, warmed until just running
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1.5 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, mix the eggs and raw honey together on low speed.
- Then add in the pumpkin puree, slightly warmed almond butter and vanilla extract and mix on medium low until all incorporated.
- To the pumpkin mixture add, baking soda, spices and salt and mix on low until just combined. Scrap down sides if needed.
- Once batter is combined stir in the chocolate chips with either a spoon or spatula.
- Line or grease a muffin pan and fill muffin cups to 3/4 full.
- Bake for 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from the oven and allow to sit for 2-3 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Repeat baking process until all muffins are baked and cooled.
- Eat and enjoy!
*This recipe makes 16 muffins, you can make them all at once (in two batches) or make half a batch at a time. Store batter for no longer than 2 days before baking.
Keywords: Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins, paleo, gluten free,
Pin this recipe for later!
Originally published on .1