This Clam Chowder has all the classic chowder taste while still being Whole30, Paleo, Gluten Free and Dairy Free!
- 3 – 6.5 ounce cans of minced clams with juice, drain and separate the juice from the clams (3 cans should yield about 1.5 cups of clam juice)
- 4 cups yellow potatoes with skins on, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cups chicken bone broth (or turkey)
- 1.5 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (start with 1 tsp and taste to adjust after cooking – I usually add a total of 2 tsp)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped for garnish
- Green onions cut for garnish
- Add the potatoes, onion, carrots, bone broth, clam juice (only the juice!), dried thyme, garlic powder, salt and pepper to the instant pot.
- Lock the instant pot lid, set the valve to sealing and cook on high pressure/manual for 5 minutes.
- Once the cooking time is complete, quick release the pressure and open the lid carefully.
- Transfer one cup of the potatoes and one cup of the liquid to a blender, blend until smooth and then pour back into the instant pot. (OR if you have a hand/stick blender you can put it right into the instant pot and partially blend the chowder.)
- Once all the soup is back into the instant pot, stir in the clams and coconut milk. Stir until all is heated through.
- Garnish with chopped bacon and green onions, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: clam chowder, easy, instant pot, whole30, dairy free, gluten free,