This Clam Chowder has all the classic chowder taste while still being Whole30, Paleo, Gluten Free and Dairy Free and is made easily in the Instant Pot!
Instant Pot Clam Chowder
Every since I was little I’ve been a HUGE fan of clam chowder! I’d order it anytime we went to the beach and eat it any chance I got. How that I make it myself I can control exactly what’s in it and make it super quickly in the instant pot. I’m so happy to share with you my recipe that is full of all the classic Clam Chowder favors while still being whole30, paleo, gluten-free and dairy-free!
This post may include affiliate links, by making a purchase through a link I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Click here to read my policy.
Tip to Making the Best Dairy Free Clam Chowder
The key here is to pick out the perfect coconut milk, it needs to be creamy and full of that healthy fat to give the chowder a nice consistency but also not give the chowder a coconut taste. And I’ve found just the perfect one! Click here to order my favorite coconut milk, the only one I use in all my recipes!
Whole30 Clam Chowder
This Whole30 Clam Chowder is a great meal for the whole family. It requires only 5 minutes of cook time and simple ingredients. It’s sure to secure a repeat spot on your menu.
Clam Chowder holds special memories for me, ones I’m so happy to get to share with my daughter each time we make this. I hope you’re family will enjoy this clam chowder as much as we do!
More Whole30 Soup Recipes
- Healthy Chicken Potato Soup
- Creamy Potato Leek Soup
- Whole30 Zuppa Toscana Soup
- Creamy Roasted Tomato Orange Soup
When you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below and leave a comment.Print
This Clam Chowder has all the classic chowder taste while still being Whole30, Paleo, Gluten Free and Dairy Free!
- 3 – 6.5 ounce cans of minced clams with juice, drain and separate the juice from the clams (3 cans should yield about 1.5 cups of clam juice)
- 4 cups yellow potatoes with skins on, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cups chicken bone broth (or turkey)
- 1.5 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (start with 1 tsp and taste to adjust after cooking – I usually add a total of 2 tsp)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped for garnish
- Green onions cut for garnish
- Add the potatoes, onion, carrots, bone broth, clam juice (only the juice!), dried thyme, garlic powder, salt and pepper to the instant pot.
- Lock the instant pot lid, set the valve to sealing and cook on high pressure/manual for 5 minutes.
- Once the cooking time is complete, quick release the pressure and open the lid carefully.
- Transfer one cup of the potatoes and one cup of the liquid to a blender, blend until smooth and then pour back into the instant pot. (OR if you have a hand/stick blender you can put it right into the instant pot and partially blend the chowder.)
- Once all the soup is back into the instant pot, stir in the clams and coconut milk. Stir until all is heated through.
- Garnish with chopped bacon and green onions, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: clam chowder, easy, instant pot, whole30, dairy free, gluten free,
Pin this recipe for later!