Easy Gluten Free Cornbread Muffins made in under 30 minutes. This gluten free cornbread muffin recipe makes the perfect snack or side dish to chili or your favorite comfort food recipe. Sweetened with honey and made of simple ingredients that are egg free and can easily be made dairy free.
- 1 cup organic medium grind cornmeal
- 1 cup cassava flour
- 2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon aluminum free baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or dairy milk)
- 1/4 cup melted butter, ghee or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw unrefined honey (I recommend buying local honey if possible but if you can’t it this is a great option)
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a standard size muffin pan with parchment liners.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cornmeal, cassava flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and whisk together.
- To the mixing bowl add your milk, butter (or ghee/coconut oil), honey and apple cider vinegar and whisk until ingredients are completely combined into a batter.
- Using a cookie scoop portion out the batter evenly into the muffin liners. (About 2 scoops per muffin cup.)*
- Bake the muffins in a preheated oven for 18-22 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Once the muffins are baked, remove from the oven and allow to cool in the muffin pan for 5 minutes before transferring the cornbread muffins to a metal cooling rack.
- Cornbread muffins can be stored in an airtight container (with or without their liners) for up to 3 days.
*If you are making these cornbread muffins with hotdogs, you will cut your hotdogs into 1 inch pieces and after step 4, press the hotdog into the middle of the cornbread muffin batter until just before reaching the bottom of the muffin cup. You can do that with a few muffin cups or all 12. Cooking time stays the same. Eat and enjoy!
Keywords: gluten free cornbread muffins, corndog muffins, cornbread muffins with hotdogs,