This Healthy Chicken Potato Soup is the perfect cold weather, immunity boosting soup! Full of bone broth, vegetables and and warming spices. And it couldn’t be easier in the Instant Pot!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 lb red potatoes with skins on, washed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 medium carrots, washed, peeled and chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1/2 a medium cabbage (or about 2 cups shredded), thinly sliced into ribbons
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 cups chicken bone broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Add all ingredients to your instant pot and give them a stir.
- Lock the lid, set the valve to sealing and set to manual/high pressure for 15 minutes.
- Once the cooking has finished, allow the pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick release any remaining pressure.
- Taste, add more salt if desired, serve and enjoy!
*You can set the keep warm function and leave the soup on warm after cooking for an hour, which is awesome! Once you’re ready the soup will still be warm.
*This soup also freezes beautifully even with the potatoes. To freeze, transfer the soup to freezer safe containers (I recommend half gallon glass mason jars with Ball white lids. Label the soup with the name and date made. Then cool the soup completely first in the frig before transferring to the freezer. Can be frozen for up to 4 months.
Keywords: instant pot, soup, chicken, healthy,