How to Roast Garlic – Roasted garlic is so easy to make and a great staple to keep on hand to boost the flavor of any recipe! All you need are whole heads of garlic, a bit of oil, salt and pepper. Roasted garlic is healthy and a great way to add flavor and nutrition to any recipe.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degree F.
- Cut approximately a 7 inch square of foil for each garlic head you are roasting.
- Peel the exterior skin off the garlic but leave enough skin so the cloves stay attached to the head.
- Cut off the very tips of each clove by slicing off the very top of the head of garlic.
- Place each head of garlic you are roasting on their own square of foil and drizzle each with about 2 teaspoons of avocado oil. Then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Close up each foil packet by twisting the top until sealed, like pictured above, and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes then remove and carefully open foil packets (steam will escape) to allow to cool.
- Once cool enough to handle you can either pluck individual garlic cloves from the head (I like using a cocktail fork for this), or squeeze the head of garlic like a tube for more of a paste consistency.
- Using immediately or store in the fridge for up to 4 days or mash into a paste with salt and freeze for later use.
Keywords: how to roast garlic, how to roast garlic cloves, how to make roasted garlic, how to store roasted garlic,