Skip the mess by cooking bacon in the Instant Pot! Instant Pot Bacon is quick, easy and takes only 5 minutes to make!
- 3 slices of bacon, cut in half
- Add your bacon slices to the cold Instant Pot.
- Select Saute and adjust to the “normal” setting for 5 minutes. (Push the Saute button to cycle through the “less”, “normal” and “high” temperature options.) After selecting the Instant Pot should now read “ON” as it heats up.
- Leave the bacon untouched until you hear it begin to sizzle. Once you hear the sound, flip each slice of bacon immediately using tongs and continue flipping about every 30 seconds to avoid sticking to the pot.
- Once the cooking time is complete and you are happy with the crispness of the bacon, use tongs to transfer the bacon from the pot to a paper towel lined plate. (If you want crispier bacon, select Saute again and add a couple minutes of cook time.) If you have more bacon to cook, add another batch to the pot with the hot grease and flip bacon immediately, quicker than the first batch since the pot is already hot. Once you are done cooking all the bacon, reserve the bacon fat in a heat-proof glass container with lid to use as a cooking fat in other recipes.
- Serve bacon warm or cool and store in the fridge for 5-7 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Keywords: instant pot bacon, pressure cooker bacon, bacon,