Instant Pot Chicken Drumsticks are ready in less than 30 minutes, these Buffalo Chicken Drumsticks are so tender and flavorful and they are made with simple ingredients! Make Instant Pot Chicken Drumsticks from frozen or fresh.
- 1.5 lbs chicken drumsticks/drumettes also called party wings
- 1/2 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1.5 cups of water
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 2 Tablespoons ghee
- 1 Tablespoon *raw honey (see note below to make whole30 compliant)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Carrot sticks
- Celery sticks
- The BEST Ranch Dressing
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper evenly over the drumsticks so all sides are seasoned.
- Pour water into the bottom of the Instant Pot then place the metal trivet in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Place the drumsticks on the trivet, stacking as many as needed.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, lock and set the valve to sealing.
- For Fresh Drumsticks: Select pressure cook / manual on high for 10 minutes.
For Frozen Drumsticks: Select pressure cook / manual on high for 15 minutes.
- While the drumsticks cook make the buffalo sauce in a small saucepan over low heat. Mix the hot sauce, ghee, honey and garlic powder until smooth and combined then set aside.
- Once the cooking has finished, allow the pressure to naturally release for 5 minutes, then quick release all remaining pressure.
- Remove the drumsticks from the Instant Pot using tongs and place them in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour half of the buffalo sauce over top the chicken and gently toss until fully coated.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper place an oven safe wire rack on top of the parchment paper. Arrange the wings on the wire rack evenly spaced. (If you don’t have an oven safe wire rack you can place the wings right on the parchment paper but they won’t get as crisp.)
- Broil the drumsticks under high heat for 2-3 minutes per side until the skin is crisp.
- Once the drumsticks are crispy remove them from the oven and brush each with the remaining buffalo sauce.
- Serve with carrot sticks, celery sticks and my amazing ranch dressing.
*To make this recipe whole30 compliant you can substitute 2 Tablespoons of coconut aminos for the 1 Tablespoon honey in this recipe or just omit the honey completely.
Keywords: instant pot chicken drumsticks, drumsticks, chicken legs, instant pot, leg quarters,