Instant Pot Chicken Wings are ready in less than 30 minutes, these Buffalo Chicken Wings are the most tender and flavorful chicken wings and they are made with completely clean ingredients!
- 1.5 lbs chicken drumettes also called party wings
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1.5 cups of water
- 1/2 cup hot sauce (I use Frank’s Red Hot)
- 2 Tablespoons ghee
- 1 Tablespoon raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Carrot sticks
- Celery sticks
- The BEST Ranch Dressing
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper evenly over the wings so all sides are seasoned.
- Pour water into the bottom of the Instant Pot then place the metal trivet in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Place the wings on the trivet, stacking as many as needed.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, lock and set the valve to sealing.
- For Fresh Wings: Select pressure cook / manual on high for 10 minutes.
For Frozen Wings: Select pressure cook / manual on high for 15 minutes.
- While the wings cook make the buffalo sauce in a small saucepan over low heat. Mix the hot sauce, ghee, honey and garlic powder until smooth and combined then set aside.
- Once the cooking has finished, allow the pressure to naturally release for 5 minutes, then quick release all remaining pressure.
- Remove the wings from the Instant Pot using tongs and place them in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour half of the buffalo sauce over top the chicken wings and gently toss the wings until fully coated.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper place an oven safe wire rack on top of the parchment paper. Arrange the wings on the wire rack evenly spaced. (If you don’t have an oven safe wire rack you can place the wings right on the parchment paper but they won’t get as crisp.
- Broil the chicken wings under high heat for 2-3 minutes per side until the skin is crisp.
- Once the wings are crispy remove them from the oven and brush each wing with the remaining buffalo sauce.
- Serve with carrot sticks, celery sticks and ranch dressing. Enjoy!
Keywords: instant pot chicken wings, paleo, frozen,