Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs are so incredibly easy to peel and come out perfect every time. I’ve detailed 3 different ways to cook eggs in the Instant Pot: hard boiled, soft boiled and what I call jammy eggs with a still partly runny yolk. Cook as few eggs as you want or as many as a dozen.
- 1–12 eggs
- 1 cup of water
- Ice (for ice bath)
- Pour the water into the bottom of the Instant Pot. Then place the metal trivet into the bottom of the pot.
- Evenly space the eggs on the metal trivet.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, set the valve to sealing and select high pressure / manual for the desired time, 2-7 minutes (*2 minutes for jammy slightly runny yolks, *3-4 minutes for soft boiled yolks and *6-7 minutes for hard boiled yolks).
- Once the timer goes off quick release the pressure.
- While the steam releases, prepare your ice bath in a large boil with ice and cold water.
- Using tongs, transfer the eggs to the ice bath for 1 minute.
- Then remove the eggs one at a time and crack the shells on the counter and peel under cold running water.
- Leave the eggs whole or cut them in half to enjoy immediately with your favorite salt or store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
*2 minutes: Jammy – Set whites and half runny yolks, half soft set yolks
*3-4 minutes: Soft – Firmer whites and soft boiled yolks
*6 -7 minutes: Hard – Firm whites and fully set hard boiled yolks
Keywords: instant pot hard boiled eggs, instant pot hard boiled eggs 8 qt, instant pot hard boiled eggs for easter,