Instant Pot Shredded Chicken is the easiest recipe perfect for meal prep and to make chicken tacos, chicken salad and so much more! You can use either fresh or frozen chicken breasts and it comes out perfectly tender and juicy every time!
- Pour the bone broth into the bottom of the Instant Pot then place the chicken breasts into the broth and sprinkle the chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and set the valve to sealing.
- *FRESH/UNFROZEN CHICKEN BREASTS: Cook on high pressure / manual for 12 minutes.
FROZEN CHICKEN BREASTS: Cook on high pressure / manual for 18 minutes.
- After cooking, allow the pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes before quick releasing the remaining pressure carefully by turning the steamer valve to venting.
- Using tongs, transfer the chicken breast to a plate or cutting board and shred while warm with two forks. Alternatively if you have a stand mixer you can transfer the chicken to the mixer bowl fitted with the paddle attachment and shred the chicken by turning on the mixer to medium speed.
- Once shredded toss the chicken back through the broth until fully coated.
- Eat immediately or store (with the broth) in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
*Chicken breasts come in a variety of sizes, here is a guide to follow based on the size you are using (applies to fresh not frozen chicken breasts only):
-10 minutes at high pressure / manual for chicken breasts that are 4 to 7 ounces in size.
-12 minutes at high pressure/ manual for chicken breasts that are 8 to 12 ounces in size.
-15 minutes at high pressure / manual for chicken breasts that are 13 to 16 ounces in size.
Keywords: instant pot shredded chicken, instant pot chicken breast frozen, easy chicken recipes,