Nettle Infusion is an earthy herbal tea abundant in health benefits. This nettle tea recipe will walk you through how simple it is to make a nettle tea infusion with only 2 ingredients. Perfect for sipping hot or iced.
- 2 Tablespoons dried nettle leaf (my favorite source for organic nettle leaf is linked)
- 4 cups filtered water
- Add 2 Tablespoons dried nettle leaves to a quart sized wide-mouth mason jar.
- Boil 4 cups of water then pour the boiling water into the jar over the nettle leaves, leaving 1 inch of head space at the top of the jar.
- Allow the jar to sit on the counter to steep for between 8-12 hours. Cover the jar after the first hour has passed, if you wish.
- Once the infusion has steeped, line a fine mesh colander with cheesecloth and set it over a bowl preferably with a pour spout.
- Pour the infusion through the cheesecloth and colander into the bowl below to strain the tea from the leaves.
- Collect the corners of the cheesecloth together to capture the nettle leaves and squeeze out the excess liquid from the leaves into your bowl.
- Remove the cheesecloth and colander from the bowl.
- Wash the quart sized mason jar used for steeping then pour the nettle tea into the clean jar.
- Enjoy over ice immediately or heat in a small saucepan for a warm beverage. Store any remaining beverage covered with a lid in the fridge for up to 1 week. Drink and enjoy!
Keywords: nettle infusion, nettle tea recipe, herb infusion, stinging nettle infusion,