Pumpkin Spice Baked Oatmeal is perfect for a cozy healthy fall breakfast. This perfectly baked oatmeal recipe is awesome for a make-ahead breakfast or meal prep. Full of pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and a touch of maple syrup, this easy pumpkin oatmeal bake will be a new family favorite! It’s also gluten free, dairy free and vegan.
Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal:
- 1 flax egg (1 Tbsp ground flax seed + 2 Tbsp water)
- 1.5 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1.5 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- Combine the 1 Tablespoon of ground flax seed with 2 Tablespoons water in a small bowl. Mix and place in the fridge for 15 minutes to set. (*If grinding your own you’ll need about 1/2 Tablespoon of seeds to achieve 1 Tablespoon of ground.)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×9 inch square baking dish with oil – I like using this avocado oil spray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flax egg, almond milk, pumpkin puree, maple syrup and vanilla and whisk it together.
- To the wet ingredients add the rolled oats, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Using a rubber spatula, stir the wet and dry ingredients together until combined.
- Pour the batter from the mixing bowl into your greased baking dish and bake for 30-35 minutes until the oatmeal is set.
- Once cooked, remove the baked oatmeal and allow it to cool completely if you desire perfectly cut squares that do not fall apart, if not allow to cool as long as you can and serve while warm topped with coconut cream, a drizzle of maple syrup and dash of pumpkin pie spice. Enjoy!
*Store all leftover oatmeal in the baking dish, covered in the fridge for up to 1 week.
*To reheat, bake the oatmeal squares on a parchment lined baking sheet for 10 minutes in a 350 degree preheated oven.
Keywords: pumpkin baked oatmeal, pumpkin spice recipe, healthy pumpkin recipes,