Pumpkin Spice Baked Oatmeal is perfect for a cozy healthy fall breakfast. This baked oatmeal recipe is awesome for a make-ahead breakfast or meal prep. Full of pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and a touch of maple syrup, this easy pumpkin oatmeal bake will be a new family favorite! It’s also gluten free, dairy free and vegan.
Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal
This is the best easy Fall breakfast recipe. It’s full of hearty oats, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and maple syrup. It’s comforting, perfect for meal prep and oh so cozy. For another vegan and gluten free pumpkin recipe be sure to try my Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies!
This post may include affiliate links, by making a purchase through a link I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Click here to read my policy.
Pumpkin Spice Recipe
Wahoo! It’s pumpkin spice EVERYTHING season! I’m such a huge pumpkin fan, I love celebrating it all season long. And to make my favorite pumpkin treats year round I always have a few cans of pumpkin puree stashed away.
Ingredients In Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal
This simple and easy recipe is made with minimal ingredients that you likely already have on hand. You’ll need:
- whole flax seed and a spice grinder or ground flax seed + water
- almond milk
- pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling, the only ingredient should be pumpkin puree)
- maple syrup
- vanilla extract
- gluten free rolled oats
- spices: pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, salt
- baking powder
How To Make Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal
If you’ve made baked oatmeal before you know just how easy it is. It’s as easy as Prep + Mix + Pour + Bake.
Prep: First you’ll want to get your flax egg mixed so it can set up in the fridge. Next preheat the oven and grease your baking dish.
Mix: In a large mixing bowl mix together the wet ingredients then add in the dry and combine together.
Pour: Pour your oatmeal batter into the prepared baking dish.
Bake: Bake your pumpkin oatmeal for 30-35 minutes and done!
Substitutions and Additives:
Flax egg – In place of the flax egg you can either use Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacer or use a chicken egg if that suits you better however the recipe will then no long be vegan.
Almond milk – any nut milk can be used in it’s place however if you use coconut milk which tends to be thicker I’d recommend using 1 1/4 cups coconut milk + 1/4 cup water in place of the 1 1/2 cups almond milk that is called for.
Maple syrup – Honey can be used in place of maple syrup but will make the recipe no longer vegan.
More Healthy Pumpkin Recipes:
- Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies
- Paleo Pumpkin Bars with Maple Walnut Frosting
- Paleo & Vegan Pumpkin Pie
- Paleo Pumpkin Chili
- Pumpkin Pasta Sauce
Pin this recipe for later!
Did you enjoy this recipe?
I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below and leave a comment.
Don’t want to miss a thing?
Sign up here to have recipes and cooking tips sent right to your inbox!
Pumpkin Spice Baked Oatmeal is perfect for a cozy healthy fall breakfast. This perfectly baked oatmeal recipe is awesome for a make-ahead breakfast or meal prep. Full of pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and a touch of maple syrup, this easy pumpkin oatmeal bake will be a new family favorite! It’s also gluten free, dairy free and vegan.
Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal:
- 1 flax egg (1 Tbsp ground flax seed + 2 Tbsp water)
- 1.5 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1.5 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- Combine the 1 Tablespoon of ground flax seed with 2 Tablespoons water in a small bowl. Mix and place in the fridge for 15 minutes to set. (*If grinding your own you’ll need about 1/2 Tablespoon of seeds to achieve 1 Tablespoon of ground.)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×9 inch square baking dish with oil – I like using this avocado oil spray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flax egg, almond milk, pumpkin puree, maple syrup and vanilla and whisk it together.
- To the wet ingredients add the rolled oats, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Using a rubber spatula, stir the wet and dry ingredients together until combined.
- Pour the batter from the mixing bowl into your greased baking dish and bake for 30-35 minutes until the oatmeal is set.
- Once cooked, remove the baked oatmeal and allow it to cool completely if you desire perfectly cut squares that do not fall apart, if not allow to cool as long as you can and serve while warm topped with coconut cream, a drizzle of maple syrup and dash of pumpkin pie spice. Enjoy!
*Store all leftover oatmeal in the baking dish, covered in the fridge for up to 1 week.
*To reheat, bake the oatmeal squares on a parchment lined baking sheet for 10 minutes in a 350 degree preheated oven.
Keywords: pumpkin baked oatmeal, pumpkin spice recipe, healthy pumpkin recipes,