Sheet Pan Sausage, Asparagus & Crispy Potatoes – The perfect easy sheet pan dinner family meal you’ll come back to time and time again!
- 1 lb fingerling or baby red potatoes, washed and diced (with skin on) into bit-sized pieces
- 3 teaspoons avocado oil (2 teaspoons for potatoes, 1 teaspoon for asparagus
- 1 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 ounces fully cooked sausage links of choice, cut into 1/2 inch thick rounds
- 1 bunch thin asparagus, washed, ends of stalks trimmed and tossed in 1 teaspoon of avocado oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a backing sheet with parchment paper.
- Put diced potatoes into a large mixing bowl and toss to coat with 2 teaspoons avocado oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Pour out the potatoes onto your lined baking sheet and arrange potatoes into an even layer.
- Roast for 10 minutes. Then remove from the oven and stir, arrange again in a single layer and return to the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and add the sliced sausages to the sheet pan and toss with the potatoes. Then arrange everything in a single layer and put in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven. Flip each sausage and add the asparagus over the top of the sausage and potatoes then return to the oven for the final 10 minutes of cooking. (Depending on the size and your doneness preference of the asparagus you may want a few more minutes of cooking time.)
- Once cooking is complete, turn the oven to broil on low for 3-5 minutes to caramelize the tops of the sausages and further crisp up the potatoes. (I recommend keeping an eye on your sheet pan during the broiling process to reach your desired doneness.)
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven and serve immediately.
Keywords: paleo sheet pan dinners, whole30 sheet pan dinners,