You will never regret the treat that results from making your own pure simple homemade almond milk, so delicious!
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 4+ cups water to soak
- 3–4 cups water to blend (less water yields a thicker milk)
- 4 medjool dates (for a mild sweetness, add or subtract to customize the sweetness)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of pink himalayan salt
- Soak raw almonds for 12+ hours. Longer soaking will result in a creamier almond milk.
- Drain almonds and discard soaking liquid. Rise almonds thoroughly.
- Transfer soaked almonds to a high-speed blender (I used a Vitamix). Add 3-4 cups fresh water, dates, cinnamon and salt and blend on high for 90 seconds.
- Using either a nut milk bag or cheesecloth (I have both and demonstrated with cheesecloth because it can be a bit trickier), strain the milk by pouring it though the bag/cloth into a jar or bowl. Squeeze the bag/cloth to decrease straining time.
- Once strained, store almond milk in the frig for 2-3 days and save the pulp for later use in recipes such as my Almond Energy Bites.
- Shake milk well before use and enjoy!
Keywords: Almond Milk, homemade, nut milk, easy,