Homemade Almond Milk might seem intimidating at first but I promise you fewer things are easier. In this post I’ll answer all your questions and teach you how to make almond milk. Homemade nut milk is a healthy, delicious and creamy alternative to dairy milk and even better than store-bought nut milk!
- Soak raw almonds for 12+ hours at room temperature.
- Drain almonds and discard soaking liquid. Rise almonds thoroughly in fresh water.
- Transfer soaked almonds to a blender. Add 3-4 cups fresh water, dates, cinnamon and salt and blend on high for 90 seconds.
- Using either a nut milk bag or cheesecloth (I have both and demonstrated with cheesecloth because it can be a bit trickier), strain the milk by pouring it though the bag/cloth into a jar or bowl. Squeeze the bag/cloth to quicken the filtering times. Squeeze until what you are left with in the bag is a thick moist but not liquidy pulp.
- Once strained, store your finished almond milk in the refrigerator for 4-5 days (mark the bottle with the date made) and save the pulp for later use in recipes like Almond Pulp Energy Balls.
- Shake milk well before use and enjoy!
Keywords: how to make almond milk, almond milk recipe, whole30 almond milk, how to make almond milk without nut bag,