These are the BEST easy Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes! They are gluten free, dairy free, egg free and paleo while being moist, fluffy and oh so chocolatey!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a standard sized 12 cup muffin pan with paper cupcake liners.
- In a small saucepan warm the maple syrup and coconut oil until the oil has melted then pour into your mixing bowl. (You can use a mixing bowl and whisk or stand mixer.)
- To the mixing bowl add the non-dairy milk, apple cider vinegar and vanilla extract. Stir until evenly mixed.
- To the wet ingredients in the mixing bowl add the remaining dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Evenly divide the batter into the 12 cupcake liners, if using a cookie scoop then it’s about one heaping scoop full into each liner. Flatten the cupcake batter using the back of a spoon before baking for cupcakes with perfectly flat tops.
- Bake for 21-23 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove the baking pan from the oven and allow the cupcakes to cool in the pan for 3-5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Once completely cool you may frost the cupcakes if desired. My Vegan Chocolate Frosting makes a lovely topping for these.
- Eat and enjoy!
* These cupcakes store well in an airtight container for up to a week. I think they are even better on the second day so they are perfect for making ahead.
Keywords: vegan chocolate cupcakes, paleo, gluten free, dairy free,