This is the BEST easy Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe! They are healthy, gluten free, dairy free, egg free and paleo while being moist, fluffy and oh so chocolatey!
Originally published on February 11, 2020. Last updated on January 10, 2021.
Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe
Who doesn’t love a good vegan chocolate recipe?! This light and decadent vegan chocolate cupcakes recipe makes a small batch of 12 cupcakes or 8 larger sized cupcakes. They are fluffy, moist, cakey, super chocolaty, perfectly sweet and no one will guess they are vegan, gluten free and paleo! Top them with my Vegan Chocolate Frosting (pictured on the cupcakes below) which is rich like ganache and you’re set for any festivity!
This post may include affiliate links, by making a purchase through a link I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Click here to read my policy.
How To Make Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes
Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes are simple to make with only a few steps.
First preheat the oven, then line a standard sized 12 cup muffin pan with paper cupcake liners. Mix together all of the ingredients and divide the batter evenly among the muffin liners. Bake, cool and then frost! So easy.
My Vegan Chocolate Frosting makes a lovely frosting for these cupcakes. Serve and enjoy!
Helpful Tools for making Easy Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes:
- muffin pan
- parchment paper muffin liners
- cookie scoop for the batter
- metal cooling rack
- frosting spatula
- cupcake storage carrier
Tips For The Best Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes
These easy vegan chocolate cupcakes are quick and decedent, here are a few tips that help make them truly the BEST recipe!
- Choosing the right almond flour – This recipe requires a blanched super fine almond flour which is not the same as almond meal.
- Flat Cupcake Tops – Flatten the cupcake batter using the back of a spoon before baking for cupcakes with perfectly flat tops. Some cupcakes dome while cooking but these do not, however the batter lays when they go into the oven is how they will come out of the oven.
- Storing Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes – After the cupcakes have completely cooled, store them in an airtight container on a counter for up to a week.
- Frosting Options – You can choose to use any frosting you like! My favorite store bought frosting is this Organic Chocolate Frosting and this my favorite homemade Vegan Chocolate Frosting (as pictured on the cupcakes).
- Frosting Spatula – You may use a piping bag if you wish but I found it easiest to frost these cupcakes using a frosting spatula and personally like the look of it.
Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe Questions
What kind of non-dairy milk can I use in this recipe? – You can use anything you’d like, unsweetened almond milk or unsweetened coconut milk would work nicely.
Why is there vinegar in this dessert recipe? – The vinegar is an essential part of this recipe. It reacts with the baking soda to give rise to the cupcakes similar to what an egg would provide. I promise you can’t taste the vinegar!
Is there an egg replacer in this recipe? – Nope, because this recipe was created without an egg there is no egg replacement needed.
More Vegan Dessert Recipes
- Sunbutter Cups
- Chocolate Peppermint Cups
- Cassava Flour Sugar Cookies
- Mini Key Lime Pies
- Vegan Cheesecake
When you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below and leave a comment.Print
These are the BEST easy Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes! They are healthy, gluten free, dairy free, egg free and paleo while being moist, fluffy and oh so chocolatey!
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plain non-dairy milk
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups blanched super fine almond flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup arrowroot flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a standard sized 12 cup muffin pan with paper cupcake liners.
- In a small saucepan warm the maple syrup and coconut oil until the oil has melted then pour into your mixing bowl. (You can use a mixing bowl and whisk or stand mixer.)
- To the mixing bowl add the non-dairy milk, apple cider vinegar and vanilla extract. Stir until evenly mixed.
- To the wet ingredients in the mixing bowl add the remaining dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Evenly divide the batter into the 12 cupcake liners, if using a cookie scoop then it’s about one heaping scoop full into each liner. Flatten the cupcake batter using the back of a spoon before baking for cupcakes with perfectly flat tops.
- Bake for 21-23 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove the baking pan from the oven and allow the cupcakes to cool in the pan for 3-5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Once completely cool you may frost the cupcakes if desired. My Vegan Chocolate Frosting makes a lovely topping for these.
- Eat and enjoy!
* These cupcakes store well in an airtight container for up to a week. I think they are even better on the second day so they are perfect for making ahead.
Keywords: vegan chocolate cupcakes, vegan chocolate cupcakes recipe, easy vegan chocolate cupcakes, vegan chocolate recipe,
Pin this recipe for later!