When forces unite! This Whole30 Asian Inspired Meatloaf combines the soul of American comfort foods with the flavors of asian cuisine to make one spectacular dish!
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 medium sized onion, finely diced
- 1 egg
- 3 Tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce (this is the only brand I’ve found to be sugar free and Whole30 compliant)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 green onions, snipped with kitchen shears
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all meatloaf ingredients in a large bowl. Using your hands (YES, your hands!) knead the mixture until all ingredients are evenly disbursed.
- Choose to line the loaf pan with either parchment paper or grease with ghee, bacon fat or avocado oil. Once lined or greased, transfer the meat mixture to a 9×5 loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- While the meatloaf is baking, combine your glaze and set aside.
- After the 45 minutes, remove the meatloaf from the oven and carefully tilt it ever-so-slightly over the sink to discard the accumulated cooking liquid in the bottom of the pan.
- Then spoon the glaze over the top of the meatloaf and return to the oven for another 10 minutes.
- While the meatloaf finishes in the oven prepare your green onions.
- Remove the meatloaf from the oven and immediately sprinkle with green onions.
- Allow the meatloaf to rest and cool for 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
Keywords: whole30 meatloaf, whole30 recipes, paleo, healthy meatloaf recipe,