Gravy is such an easy way to elevate your dinner and add so much additional flavor. This Whole30 Gravy is simple, paleo, dairy free, gluten free and oh so good! Use this recipe to make Whole30 Chicken Gravy as well as Turkey or Brown Gravy.
- 2 cups low-sodium turkey or chicken bone broth, warmed over medium heat
- 2 Tablespoons ghee or refined coconut oil (*unrefined with result in a coconut flavor in the gravy)
- 3 Tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon unrefined sea salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 Tablespoons unsweetened full fat coconut milk (I highly recommend this one so your gravy doesn’t taste like coconut milk)
- Heat your ghee (or coconut oil) in a medium saucepan over medium low heat.
- Once the ghee (or coconut oil) is melted, add in arrowroot powder and whisk continually until smooth.
- Once smooth, the mixture should become golden in color. Then slowly add in the warm bone broth and continue whisking.
- Whisk until the gravy mixture become very smooth. (It will start out clumpy but keep whisking – it’ll happen.)
- Once the gravy is smooth continue cooking and occasionally whisking until you reach your desired thickness.
- Stir in the salt and pepper to taste and coconut milk.
- Remove from heat, serve and enjoy!
*For best results any leftover gravy should be reheated while whisking on the stove top as opposed to the microwave.
Keywords: whole30 gravy, paleo gravy, dairy free sausage gravy,