Whole30 Instant Pot Cuban Roast Mojo Pork flavored with citrus, garlic, oregano, and cumin. This easy and flavorful meal is perfect for any day of the week!
- 8 medium garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup orange juice (use fresh if possible)
- 1/4 cup lime juice (use fresh if possible)
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 pound boneless pork shoulder roast, cut into 6 equal sized pieces (with excess fat trimmed off)
- slivered mint leaves
- cilantro leaves
- green olives
- fried plantains (Look for yellow plantains with black spots, the darker they are the sweeter they are. Peel the plantains and cut them into 1 inch slices at a diagonal angle, fry them in avocado oil in a flat bottomed skillet over medium-high heat on each side then let them sit on a paper towel lined plate and sprinkle each side with a pinch of salt while still warm.)
- marinated onions (1/2 a red onion thinly sliced into rings, 1 cup avocado oil, 1 Tablespoon dried oregano and 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar mixed together in a glass jar and left to marinate briefly or up to 1 week. Recommended marination time of 1 day if possible before serving.)
- Start by blending all Mojo Criollo ingredients in a blender until smooth, usually 1-3 minutes on high speed.
- Place your roast pieces in the instant pot/pressure cooker and pour the Mojo Criollo over top.
- Place lid on the machine, lock and set valve to sealing. Select High Pressure (or Manual depending on your model) and set for 75 minutes (1 hour and 15 minutes).
- Once the cooking has finished, quick release stream, remove roast and shred.
- Retain some of the liquid to store the pork in if you plan to make this ahead or have leftovers.
- Serve with mint leaves, cilantro leaves, green olives, fried plantains, avocado and marinated onions.
*The versatility of this dish allows you to serve the pork roast with anything you like although fried plantains are highly recommended even if you choose to serve it differently.
Keywords: Whole30, Instant Pot, Cuban Roast Pork, Mojo Criollo