Thick and creamy these Whole30 Mashed Potatoes are flavorful and the perfect side for every occasion.
- 2 pounds red potatoes, washed and cut into 1 inch pieces (you may also peel prior to cutting if you prefer, I keep the skin on)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 Tablespoons ghee
- 1/4 cup bone broth (chicken, turkey, beef or a blended bone broth)
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk, blend the coconut milk or mix well so milk and fat are well combined before measuring out – (I like Thai Kitchen Organic which doesn’t result in any coconut flavor)
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Bring 4 quarts of water plus 1 teaspoon salt to a boil. Then add potatoes and cook until fork tender for 10-15 minutes.
- Once fork tender, drain the potatoes through a colander then return the potatoes to the same (now empty) pot.
- To that pot with the potatoes, add ghee, bone broth, coconut milk, salt, garlic powder and pepper and mash with a hand potato masher. (I greatly prefer the texture of hand mashed potatoes but if you prefer you can also use a food processor or blender. *In MY opinion food processor/blender mashed potatoes are gummy in texture, which is why I prefer hand mashing, fyi.)
- Once mashed, taste and adjust salt if needed.
- Serve with ghee or whole30 gravy and enjoy!
Keywords: whole30 mashed potatoes, gluten free, dairy free,