Gravy is such an easy way to elevate your dinner and add so much additional flavor. This Whole30 Gravy is simple, paleo, dairy free, gluten free and oh so good!
This post may include affiliate links, by making a purchase through a link I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Click here to read my policy.
Is there truly ANYTHING better than mashed potatoes and gravy?? How about the EASIEST Whole30 Mashed Potatoes and EASIEST Whole30 Gravy, yeah, betcha didn’t see that one coming. 😉
Ingredients To Make Whole30 Gravy
For me gravy is the ultimate comfort food. It may come by no surprise that I’m a total sauce and condiments girl! I mean, why skimp of added flavor? And what could be easier than combining a few wholesome ingredients (bone broth, arrowroot powder, ghee, salt, pepper and coconut milk) into a deliciously smooth and flavor-packed paleo gravy?! It’s so good and honestly no one at your table will know it’s “healthy” gravy!!
Who To Make Whole30 and Paleo Gravy Ahead Of Time
You can certainly make this gravy ahead of time and reheat over medium-low heat on the stove top while whisking until heated through.
How Long Will This Whole30 and Paleo Gravy Last In The Refrigerator
This gravy will last for 4-5 days once made. I advise that you use it within the same time frame you would use opened bone broth.
How To Make This Recipe Into Sausage Gravy
Sausage Gravy would be amazing! To make this gravy into Whole30 Sausage Gravy simply cook up your Whole30 approved (sugar free) ground sausage of choice in a large skillet with teaspoon of avocado oil. Once the sausage is cooked set it aside. Make your gravy and at the end combine the sausage and gravy together and you’re done! Sausage gravy would make a delicious topping to homemade hashbrowns for a comforting warm Whole30 breakfast.
How To Make This Gravy Recipe Into Mushroom Gravy
I’m a huge fan of mushrooms. To make mushroom gravy, sauté 8 ounces of cleaned and sliced mushrooms in skillet over medium heat with a pinch of salt and pepper until browned on both sides. Then set the mushrooms aside on a plate while you make the gravy. Once the gravy is finished add the mushrooms to the gravy and give the gravy a stir. That’s it, perfect mushroom gravy!
More Healthy Side Dishes:
Did you make this recipe? I want to see it! Snap a picture and share it here on Pinterest.
Follow me on Pinterest for more easy seasonal recipe ideas!Print
Gravy is such an easy way to elevate your dinner and add so much additional flavor. This Whole30 Gravy is simple, paleo, dairy free and oh so good!
- 2 cups bone broth (from any animal or vegetable), warmed over medium heat
- 2 Tablespoons ghee or coconut oil
- 3 Tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (will depend on your bone broth)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 Tablespoons coconut milk (I prefer Thai Kitchen Organic Coconut Milk which is very creamy and mild in coconut flavor – I can’t taste any coconut in the finished gravy.)
- Heat your ghee in a medium saucepan over medium low heat.
- Once the ghee (or coconut oil) is melted, add in arrowroot powder and whisk continually until smooth.
- Once smooth, the mixture should become golden in color. Then slowly add in the warm bone broth and continue whisking.
- Whisk until the gravy mixture become very smooth. (It will start out clumpy but keep whisking – it’ll happen.)
- Once the gravy is smooth continue cooking and occasionally whisking until you reach your desired thickness.
- Stir in the salt and pepper to taste and coconut milk.
- Remove from heat, serve and enjoy!
*For best results any leftover gravy should be reheated on the stove top as opposed to the microwave.
Keywords: whole30 gravy, paleo gravy, easy gravy,
Pin this recipe for later!
Originally published on November 19, 2018.31