Warm cookies straight from the oven and homemade soup on a winter’s day…. There’s not much better than homemade comforts right from your own kitchen. This Simple Homemade Almond Milk is one in the same. Simple yet satisfying and soooo much better than store bought. It’s easy enough you won’t ever go back to pre-made again!
This simple almond milk is a staple yet delicious enough that even my kitchen assistant (cameoed above) considers it one of life’s best treats! She was all too eager to help in it’s making and responsible for my prompt need to make it again! Please comment below with how your family enjoys it!
Eat and Enjoy,
You will never regret the treat that results from making your own pure simple homemade almond milk, so delicious!
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 4+ cups water to soak
- 3–4 cups water to blend (less water yields a thicker milk)
- 4 medjool dates (for a mild sweetness, add or subtract to customize the sweetness)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of pink himalayan salt
- Soak raw almonds for 12+ hours. Longer soaking will result in a creamier almond milk.
- Drain almonds and discard soaking liquid. Rise almonds thoroughly.
- Transfer soaked almonds to a high-speed blender (I used a Vitamix). Add 3-4 cups fresh water, dates, cinnamon and salt and blend on high for 90 seconds.
- Using either a nut milk bag or cheesecloth (I have both and demonstrated with cheesecloth because it can be a bit trickier), strain the milk by pouring it though the bag/cloth into a jar or bowl. Squeeze the bag/cloth to decrease straining time.
- Once strained, store almond milk in the frig for 2-3 days and save the pulp for later use in recipes such as my Almond Energy Bites.
- Shake milk well before use and enjoy!
Keywords: Almond Milk, homemade, nut milk, easy,