Paleo Pumpkin Bars topped with Maple Walnut Frosting are the perfect easy pumpkin recipe for fall! Similar to pumpkin bread but even easier and loaded with pumpkin spice. The blender frosting is made in minutes and makes these bars a decadent treat.
Originally published on September 26, 2018. Last updated on October 18, 2021.
It’s fall ya’ll! And that means we’re drinking pumpkin flavored almond milk (and coffee) and eating allll the pumpkin baked goods. Let me introduce you to the newest edition of those baked goods, ahem, Paleo Pumpkin Bars with Maple Walnut Frosting!
This post may include affiliate links, by making a purchase through a link I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Click here to read my policy.
These gluten free pumpkin bars are slightly sweetened with honey and the frosting with pure maple syrup. You could definitely eat the bars plain but I HIGHLY recommend the frosting which transforms them into a whole new treat! While these bars bake you just blend up the frosting and TRY not to eat it all on it’s own…. yep, it’s that good!
How to Make Paleo Pumpkin Bars
These Paleo Pumpkin Bars couldn’t be easier! Mix together all ingredients in a stand mixer, bake and then the frosting comes together in the blender in 2 minutes! Wait until the bars are cool to slice and slather in the frosting.
What Can I Substitute in Place of Almond Butter
You can use any smooth and unsalted nut butter in equal amounts to replace almond butter. It will change the flavor slightly but should still maintain the same texture and be delicious!
More Pumpkin Recipes
- Pumpkin Protein Muffins
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies
- Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal
- Paleo Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer
Pin this recipe for later!
Did you enjoy this recipe?
I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below and leave a comment.
Don’t want to miss a thing?
Sign up here to have recipes and cooking tips sent right to your inbox!
Paleo Pumpkin Bars
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 9 bars 1x
- Category: Sweet Treats
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Paleo Pumpkin Bars topped with Maple Walnut Frosting are the perfect easy pumpkin recipe for fall! Similar to pumpkin bread but even easier and loaded with pumpkin spice. The blender frosting is made in minutes and makes these bars a decadent treat the whole family will love!
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup raw honey (I recommend using local honey if you can find it)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup unsweetened smooth almond butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon aluminum free baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
Maple Walnut Frosting
- 3/4 cup raw walnuts
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon ghee (or refined coconut oil for dairy free)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line an 8×8 inch baking dish with parchment paper OR grease with ghee.
- Using a stand mixer (or hand mixer), begin by creaming the eggs and honey together on low speed.
- Then add the pumpkin puree, almond butter and vanilla extract and continue mixing until a smooth batter forms.
- Stop the mixer and add the baking soda, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, ground nutmeg and sea salt. Then mix until completely combined. Do not over mix, it should only take a minute or two to be completely combined.
- Pour batter into your prepared baking dish and bake for 30 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- While the bars bake, add all frosting ingredients to your blender and blend on low until all is combined and then increase the speed to medium high and continue blending until the mixture has thickened and is completely smooth. This should take approximately 2-3 minutes depending on your blender.
- Once the bars have finished baking, remove them from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to complete cooling. Cool completely before slicing.
- Frost just before serving and enjoy!
*Refrigerating the frosting with cause it to thicken significantly, so keep that in mind when making ahead.
Keywords: paleo pumpkin bars, gluten free pumpkin bars, dairy free pumpkin bars,
Definitely going to have to bring these to our family thanksgiving.
YES! I’m so glad you like them Autumn! I actually have these in the oven right now! So, good and so incredibly easy!
These look so delicious and I want to make them! But is this recipe really without any kind of (nut/paleo) flour?
Hi Krista! Oh you will love them! Yes, that’s correct no nut or paleo flour! The almond butter actually stands in here and gives such a great light texture to these. I actually just finished making (and eating) a batch! Be sure to make the frosting with them also! After you make them let me know what you think. 🙂
Hey these look amazing!
Thank you Laurie!