We LOVE pizza around here, and I’m going to assume that’s mostly likely the case in your house too! So I set out to make an EASY veggie based pepperoni pizza style baked casserole. Full of cheese and all the zesty pizza flavors of pizza on a veggie base. What resulted was this tasty Spaghetti Squash Pepperoni Pizza Bake!
This post may include affiliate links, by making a purchase through a link I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Click here to read my policy.
Is Spaghetti Squash Healthy
Yes, spaghetti squash contains minerals like calcium, iron, phosphorus and zinc. It also provides B Vitamins like riboflavin, niacin and thiamin. This squash also has a high fiber content that supports healthy digestion.
As a mom I’m always trying to add extra veggies into our meals but to be honest squash has generally not gone over well around here with my mini. But when I dress it up like pizza with pesto, cheese, olives, pepperoni and fresh basil it get’s eaten right up! I love this meal for a quick dinner and because it’s so simple to prep ahead of time and then pop in the oven to warm! All you need is 20 minutes of baking (30 minutes if you’ve made this ahead and it’s coming from a cold frig) to warm the casserole through and dinner is ready! Those are my kind of meals!
Eat and Enjoy,
More Healthy Comfort Dishes
- Baby Back Ribs with Caramelized Carrots
- One Pot Healthy Orange Chicken
- Whole30 Asian Inspired Meatloaf
- Beef Pot Roast
When you’re in the mood for a pepperoni pizza that’s as easy as a bake with an added veggie base – THIS is your meal!
- 1 large spaghetti squash, roasted with “noodles” scooped out and lightly drained of excess liquid
- 4 ounces pesto
- 4 ounces full fat ricotta
- 4 ounces pepperoni slices, reserve 5-6 slices for the top then cut the rest into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella (or cheddar) to sprinkle on top
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- fresh basil to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an oval or square baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the roasted spaghetti squash, pesto, ricotta, cut up pepperoni, salt, dried oregano and garlic powder. Mix until everything is combined and transfer in an even layer to the baking dish.
- Cover the top of the casserole with shredded mozzarella, pitted kalamata olives and your whole pepperoni slices.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes until warmed through.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Keywords: spaghetti squash, spaghetti squash bake, spaghetti squash casserole, pizza casserole, pepperoni pizza bake, pepperoni pizza, easy dinner, healthy family friendly,
Pin this recipe for later!