Here it is, you guys! Our much awaited FAVORITE smoothie! It’s a healthy Chocolate Smoothie that’s loaded with protein, banana, dates, superfood powder, spinach, healthy fats from nuts, and a super chocolatey taste!
This post may include affiliate links, by making a purchase through a link I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Click here to read my policy.
What Makes This The Best Chocolate Smoothie
My daughter loves this smoothie and I LOVE that she’s getting so many nutrients! This smoothie is sweet with no added sugar and supplies an abundance of nutrients that can easily take the place of breakfast or be the perfect afternoon pick-me-up snack! Superfood powder and collagen make all the difference in this smoothie and we quite honestly can’t get enough! This chocolate smoothie is in constant rotation around here. Please let me know below what you think!
Does Wheatgrass Contain Gluten?
No, gluten is only contained in the seed kernels and is not present in wheatgrass, barley grass or alfalfa grass. All these grasses are not considered grains. Wheatgrass is the fresh sprouted leaves of the wheat plant. The actual grass itself does not contain gluten and is therefore considered paleo.
How To Make This Chocolate Smoothie
Add all ingredients to a high speed blender and blend on high until smooth and creamy, approximately 2 minutes. That’s it, SO easy!
Can I Add Kale In Place Of Spinach
Yes, you could certainly add kale in place of spinach if that’s what you have on hand or if you are used to the taste. However, if you are introducing this Chocolate Smoothie to a child for the first time I’d recommend going with spinach since kale tends to have more pronounced “green” notes discernible to a young palette. 😉
Eat and Enjoy,
More Healthy Breakfast Ideas:
- Paleo Ham & Egg Breakfast Bake
- Baked Chorizo Breakfast Sausage Patties
- Vegan Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins
Did you make this recipe? I want to see it! Snap a picture and share it here on Pinterest.
Follow me on Pinterest for more easy healthy recipe ideas!Print
This Healthy Chocolate Smoothie will fuel you while feeling like a total treat at the same time! It’s also paleo and dairy free.
- 6 ice cubes
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 scoop Amazing Grass Green Superfood powder “The Original”
- 2 scoops Collagen Peptides
- 3 Tablespoons nut butter of choice
- 4 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Trader Joes brand which isn’t as potent so lessen the quantity as desired)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- 1 cup nut milk of choice (more depending on the thickness you desire)
- 1 handful fresh baby spinach, (1/2–1 cup)
- Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender, such as a Vitamix and blend on high speed or smoothie setting for 90+ seconds.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Keywords: chocolate smoothie, healthy, banana, protein,
Pin this recipe for later!