Stuffed jalapeno peppers with dairy free cream cheese, dill and crunchy topping. These easy jalapeno poppers make a great appetizer and game-day snack!
This post may include affiliate links, by making a purchase through a link I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Click here to read my policy.
Keto Stuffed Jalapeno Peppers Recipe
A good stuffed jalapeño pepper recipe is always a crowd pleaser and these dairy free jalapeño poppers are the perfect whole30, keto and low carb appetizer for any gathering!
How To Cut A Jalapeno
Ok, so whatever you do, PLEASE do not cut jalapeno peppers with bare hands and do not touch your face. The oils in the peppers can cause burns on your hands and it’s not fun! You should wear gloves at all times when working with jalapenos.
The spiciness of a jalapeño is found in the seeds and inner membranes. To reduce the heat in this recipe, clean out all of the inner membrane which is any light colored parts and the seeds. If you like lots of heat, leave a little bit of membrane.
When I cut the jalapeños for poppers, I cut them lengthwise and leave the stem attached. I see which side lays the best on the cutting board and cut just the top off of the other side (as pictured above).
Steps to cutting jalapenos to make jalapeno poppers:
- Put on gloves! And if you don’t have gloves improvise with putting sandwich sized zip lock bags over your hands. *Do not use your bare hands.
- Slice the top off of jalapenos lengthwise.
- Using a small spoon, scoop out seeds and membranes then discard.
How To Make Jalapeno Poppers
Jalapeno Poppers have a few components. The jalapeno pepper, a dairy free cream cheese filling mixture and crushed pork rinds.
- Jalapenos: You can’t have jalapeno poppers without jalapeno peppers! I use fresh peppers and slice just the top off as pictured above.
- Cheesy Filling: Dairy free cream cheese is the base for this recipe and I also add fresh dill, garlic powder, smoked paprika and cracked black pepper.
- Crushed Pork Rinds: In place of the traditional breading I use crushed pork rinds to top this recipe. After these poppers come out of the oven you sprinkle the crushed pork rinds on top and it adds both flavor and crunch to these bites. The pork rinds makes this recipe the perfect keto Jalapeno Poppers recipe!
How Long To Bake Jalapeno Poppers
I bake these poppers for 10-12 minutes, enough to soften the peppers and melt the cheese. You don’t want them too soft or they’re hard to pick up and eat! Depending on the size of your peppers they may need a bit longer.
More Easy Appetizer Recipes
When you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below and leave a comment.Print
Stuffed jalapeño peppers with cream cheese, dill & a crunchy topping. These easy jalapeño poppers make a great appetizer or game-day snack!
- 12 large jalapenos, top cut off and deseeded
- 8 ounces plain dairy free cream cheese (I used Kite Hill) or full fat dairy cream cheese (if not doing Whole30)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh dill, chopped finely
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup pork rinds (this is the brand I used), place in a small zip lock bag and crush with the bottom of a cup
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl combine the cream cheese, fresh dill, garlic powder, smoked paprika and black pepper together.
- Transfer the filling mixture into a small sandwich sized zip lock bag and zip shut, snip off one corner and pipe the filling into the hollowed out jalapenos.
- Bake the stuffed jalapenos for 10-12 minutes until they begin to turn golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a serving dish.
- Sprinkle crushed pork rinds over the top of each stuffed jalapeno pepper and serve.
*If the dairy free cream cheese filling comes out of the oven with a “baked” and non-sticky top layer then mix it up slightly with a fork before sprinkling on the pork rinds so that they will stick.
*Leftovers can be covered and kept in the fridge for up to 3 days. To reheat place in a 300 degree oven for several minutes until warmed through.
Keywords: stuffed jalapeno peppers, jalapeno poppers, stuffed jalapeno peppers keto,
Pin this recipe for later!