One of my favorite fall activities is roasting squash seeds! I mean what ever activities than those that end with delicious snacks!??! Keep reading for a full description of How To Roast Squash Seeds, simple and easy!
This post may include affiliate links, by making a purchase through my link(s) I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Click here to read my policy.
It starts with the removal of the seeds (obvious, I know) and then you gotta rinse them (hopefully obvious).
Then the roasting happens and you get these tasty and crispy little nuggets of fall flavor!
Did you know that squash seeds are a good source of magnesium? And did you also know that most people are seriously lacking in magnesium? It’s true and because magnesium is needed for more than 300 biochemical reactions including maintaining normal nerve and muscle function, pretty important right!? Magnesium also helps support a healthy immune system which makes squash seeds a timely fall treat as we head into the colder months! SO, don’t be caught throwing out your squash seeds! Roast them up instead for a healthy and immune boosting treat. (Go see the full nutrition facts below the recipe!)
Eat & Enjoy,
Squash seeds are nutrient-dense and perfect for on the go snacking!
- Squash of your choice (I used two acorn squash here)
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees F.
- Cut your squash of choice and use a spoon to scoop out the seeds into a colander.
- Pick out any squash flesh from your seeds and rinse them under water.
- Pat the seeds dry using a paper towel, (some seeds might stick to the paper towel, just pick them off and return them to the colander).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and transfer the seeds to the baking sheet.
- For approximately 1 cup of seeds drizzle with 1 teaspoon of avocado oil. (You want them very lightly oiled since over doing it will prevent the crisping we want.)
- Sprinkle with salt (I prefer pink himalayan salt) and pepper.
- Toss seeds to combine oil and seasonings and them space them out in an even layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. (You can stir at the 10 minute mark if you desire to help with even roasting.)
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. If more salt is needed add while the seeds are still warm.
- Store any seeds you don’t eat right away in an air-tight container.
- Eat and enjoy!
Keywords: Roasted Squash Seeds
Pin this image below to save this How To Roast Squash Seeds recipe for later!