Prosciutto Egg Cups Recipe – A quick and easy healthy breakfast made easily in egg muffin cups. Prosciutto, spinach and baked eggs that are perfect for meal prep or breakfast to-go! Whole30, paleo, keto, low-carb, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, sugar free, real food.
Prosciutto Egg Cups
I’m a big fan of egg bake recipes for breakfast in the morning, like my Paleo Ham & Egg Breakfast Bake. These little individual cups bake so quickly they are easy to make the morning of or make ahead and have ready to reheat.
This post may include affiliate links, by making a purchase through a link I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Click here to read my policy.
Ingredients For Prosciutto Egg Cups
All you need for this easy recipe is prosciutto, spinach, eggs and fresh cracked pepper which is optional.
How To Make Prosciutto Egg Cups
This is one of the tastiest and easiest breakfasts you will make! Simply spray the muffin tin with avocado oil spray, lay a piece of prosciutto over top of each muffin cup and gently press and mold the prosciutto into the shape of the cup. Then layer in 3 spinach leaves per cup and crack an egg into each cup. Sprinkle each egg with freshly cracked black pepper if you choose and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 12-15 minutes.
How Do I Reheat Whole30 Egg Muffins
To reheat these Whole30 Egg Muffins you can pop them in a preheated oven on a parchment lined baking sheet at 300 degrees fahrenheit for 5-6 minutes until warmed through or in the microwave for 20-30 seconds.
Tips For Making This Prosciutto Egg Cups Recipe
- Mold the prosciutto to the muffin cup so all parts of the cup are covered. Even though we spray the muffin cups with oil before lining the cups with prosciutto if any egg is able to get through to the pan they might stick. If this happens just run a butter knife around the edges of the pan before popping out the egg cups.
- Try to select eggs that are of equal size. Smaller eggs will cook faster and larger will require more cooking time. You can choose any size you have but selecting ones that are of equal size will allow for even cooking results through each egg cup.
- Store the egg cups once cooled. If you are not eating the egg cups immediately, allow them to cool before covering them in an airtight container in the fridge to avoid trapped moisture that could make them soggy.
- For added fat on Keto eat with sliced avocado. These little cups are great on their own but pair nicely with other foods as well for a complete breakfast.
More Whole30 Breakfast Recipes
Did you enjoy this recipe?
I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below and leave a comment.Print
Prosciutto Egg Cups Recipe – A quick and easy breakfast made easily in muffin egg cups. Prosciutto, spinach and baked eggs all in portable little cups. Perfect for meal prep or breakfast to-go!
- 6 pieces prosciutto (about 4 ounces)
- 18 baby spinach leaves, 3 leaves per cup
- 6 large eggs (as close to equal size as possible)
- pinch of freshly cracked black pepper (omit for AIP)
- Optional: garnish with fresh dill
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a standard muffin pan with avocado oil spray.
- Lay one piece of prosciutto centered over the top of the muffin cup and gently fit it down until it’s molded to the shape of the cup.
- Place 3 spinach leaves in each prosciutto cup.
- Crack an egg into each muffin cup.
- Sprinkle a pinch of freshly cracked black pepper over top of each of the eggs.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until you’ve achieve your desired doneness. (*12 minutes for a soft centered egg and 15 minutes for a firm center.) Please note: eggs will continue to firm up some after being removed from the oven.
- After baking, remove the muffin pan from the oven and allow to sit and cool for a few minutes before carefully removing each egg cup.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
*For meal prep: baked egg cups can be cooled completely and stored in a covered airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Keywords: egg cups recipe, prosciutto egg cups, whole30 prosciutto egg cups, whole30 egg muffins,
Pin this recipe for later!